Art by Marcelo
- Siempre en tí, siempre en mi - a generative artwork created for reGEN, a fundraiser for research efforts towards a cure for Alzheimer's, with ArtBlocks.io and Cure Alzheimer's Fund.
- rêves de papier et l'identité des mèmes, a body of work that explores memes (cultural genes and their independent existence) and repurposed paper restoration techniques to create generative paper artworks.
- Ecologías A, B, C, F1 and F2: a set of works that reflect on machine-human ecologies and blockchain ecologies while investigating habits of leaving traces, the apparition of life in a water medium and the importance of self-image.
- Centrifugal, a curated set of 50 unique pieces, generative + interactive. Read more and mint at Verse.
- PAL, a collaboration with Iskra Velitchkova: a two-sided generative piece where we curated 100 outputs, transferred them to a VHS tape, then acted a performance over it during Art Singapore, using a magnet to introduce distortions. A reflection on relationships in real life. 100 curated outputs (30 second videos), more info and mint on Kate Vass Gallery k011.com site.
- la caverna, a generative artwork that reflects on our impossibility of grasping reality as it is. A project where each artwork is a tryptich released gradually over time. The collection is released through Vertical Crypto Art, mint site and collection are here.
- extrañezas, a generative artwork that lets the experiencer create as many finishes as they desire to the piece by playing an interactive, hidden game. The collection is released as part of the Diamond Exhibition by Proof collective / Moonbirds community.
I explore boundaries in total cognitive spaces and try to push them a bit further.
I am experimenting with different techniques creating artworks that help me explore several things. First and foremost, I seek to inspire and touch other beings in the same way that art from others touches me. That is, whatever I create I try to make it have an impact. The main axis of experimentation has to do with finding the boundaries of the cognitive-emotional space of what I'm doing. I'm not pioneering anything as far as I know, but I am first expanding my own cognitive space towards being able to create beauty (not necessarily aesthetic beauty, but things - articles, projects, products, art - that resonate with the subjective experimenter) out of nothing.
Trying to make a machine collaborate with me to create a work of art that will trigger an emotional response in humans is an interesting topic. Also the contrary: making something that will trigger an "emotional" response in a machine. If we can understand what machines at some point "feel", we will fare better as species. Anyway, it's not the only means of artistic expression I'm interested in. I also make music without machines, or paint with brush and acrylic, or make photographs. Along the way I explore what it means to mix all these means of expression. I hope you find something that moves you, even if the slightest bit.
Creations I work on:
- Diamond Exhibition, Proof / Moonbirds, 2023-04.
- Proof of People NYC x Refraction DAO / VerticalCryptoArt, New York, 2023-04.
- Odysseys, Verse Works, London, 2023-02.
- PAL performance at Art Singapore, 2023-01.
- Bright Moments Mexico City collection, 2022-11
- Art Basel Hong Kong, 2022-05
- PHYGITAL, Kate Vass Galerie, 2022-04
- pixposure, Galerie Greulich, 2022-01
- Accepted and exhibited at CADAF Online 2021 (2021-06)
- Invited and exhibited at the collective exhibition Coming Out at M.A.D.S. Gallery Milano (2021-07)